Michael Huber from the Easy Allies on Youtube dropped his gaming release lineup for April, and we decided to take extensive notes.. Below are some of gaming's biggest and best releases for the month of April.
Power Rangers : Battle For The Grid
"A modern take on the 25 year franchise, Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid showcases stunning graphics and vivid details. Pit current and classic Rangers and villains like never before in 3 vs. 3 tag battles. Test your skills online against friends and players from around the world for endless replay-ability. A streamlined combat system welcomes newcomers with simplified controls while maintaining depth for the most dedicated competitor to learn and master."
Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid is set to release April 2nd. The game will be available as a digital download for all current consoles & PC. Those who pre-order the game will be rewarded with a special Green Ranger V2 Skin.
Visit the official website here:https://battleforthegrid.com/
Phoenix Wright : Ace Attorney Trilogy
"The classic courtroom adventure series that has sold over 6.7 million copies worldwide is finally here. Become Phoenix Wright and experience the thrill of battle as you fight to save your innocent clients in a court of law. Play all 14 episodes, spanning the first three games, in one gorgeous collection. Solve the intriguing mysteries behind each case and witness the final truth for yourself!"
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy launches for consoles and PC April 9th for $29.99.
Key Features via Capcom:
- Three beloved games in one – For the first time ever on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC, experience all of the classic courtroom drama from the original Phoenix Wright trilogy in one gripping collection.
- Two classic gameplay segments:
- Investigation phase – Survey crime scenes, interview witnesses, and gather evidence that will be used in court.
- Courtroom phase – Present findings from the investigation to support your case, listen to testimonies, and examine witnesses.
- One colorful cast – Join Phoenix Wright starting from his early years as he gets introduced to various persons of interest (and sometimes just interesting people), including colleague Maya Fey and rival prosecutor Miles Edgeworth.
- Looking sharp – Fight for justice in clear, high-resolution graphics that bring the action to life like never before, with included options for widescreen displays.
- New courtroom procedure – Revisit classic cases with the addition of a new quick save option, clear indicators for completed scene investigations, and a new truth gauge display for the trials.
- Expanded language options – Freely switch between the Japanese version of the game—Gyakuten Saiban 123 Naruhodo Selection—and the English version in-game. In summer 2019, players will also be able to take the stand in German, French, Korean, and Traditional and Simplified Chinese via a title update.
- For zealous attorneys – The English and Japanese versions of the trilogy now come with 10 available save data slots each.
Shovel Knight returns with Shovel Knight Showdown (below), as previously revealed by IGN, will be released on April 9th.
Shovel Knight Showdown
"Duel with up to 4 players and scramble after gems as your favorite heroic or villainous knight in Shovel Knight Showdown. All the classic Shovel Knight characters you know and love are playable, many for the first time ever! Gather your pals for endless multiplayer clashes, or take control of your favorite character and dig into Story Mode. Familiar controls, items, and mechanics return, making this a platform fighting game that anyone can jump into and try.
Shovel Knight Showdown features local only multiplayer, and arrives as a free update to all existing versions of Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove on consoles and PC. It will not be available on portable platforms (3DS and Vita). It will also be made available as a standalone game!"
That’s correct- the complete Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove has a release date! This massive update includes:
- Shovel Knight: King of Cards - Shovel Knight: King of Cards is the final campaign in the Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove saga, and it’s bigger and grander than ever! Step into the regal shoes of King Knight, the Gilded Goon himself, as you shoulder bash and spin jump through all those who would oppose your reign! Travel through 4 new worlds and more than 30 all new courses, all on a journey to best the “Three Kings” who lord over the land. Discover what it takes to become a true monarch, meet a friend or two, and amass a King’s ransom in items and loot! Refined platforming, exquisite visuals, story with heart, action-packed courses, glorious new bosses and more await in Shovel Knight: King of Cards!
- Shovel Knight Showdown - Duel with up to 4 players and scramble after gems as your favorite heroic or villainous knight in Shovel Knight Showdown. All the classic Shovel Knight characters you know and love are playable, many for the first time ever! Gather your pals for endless multiplayer clashes, or take control of your favorite character and dig into Story Mode. Familiar controls, items, and mechanics return, making this a platform fighting game that anyone can jump into and try. Shovel Knight Showdown features local only multiplayer.
Earth Defense Force : Iron Rain
"The EDF series moves away from its traditional series and into new territory with this new project. Developed by YUKE'S, with a theme song by Takashi Niigaki and creatures designed by Ryu Oyama for an EDF game that has never been seen before.
Welcome to EARTH DEFENSE FORCE: IRON RAIN. Set on planet Earth devastated by war, this new adventure joins the EDF as they continue to battle to save the world."
Earth Defense Force: Iron Rain is due out for PlayStation 4 worldwide on April 11.
Cuphead heads to the Nintendo Switch on April 18th!
Cuphead for Nintendo Switch
"Cuphead is a classic run and gun action game heavily focused on boss battles. Inspired by cartoons of the 1930s, the visuals and audio are painstakingly created with the same techniques of the era: traditional hand drawn cel animation, watercolor backgrounds, and original jazz recordings.
Play as Cuphead or Mugman (in single player or local co-op) as you traverse strange worlds, acquire new weapons, learn powerful super moves, and discover hidden secrets while you try to pay your debt back to the devil!"
Capcom is bringing Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen, the 2013 Western RPG inspired action game, to Nintendo Switch on April 23. The Switch version will cost $29.99.
Dragon's Dogma : Dark Arisen comes to the Switch
"Dragon’s Dogma: Dark Arisen for Switch will include all previously released content and DLC. Capcom promises a “revamped user interface” that will offer improved screen visibility on Switch, hopefully making the game’s UI readable while playing in portable or tabletop mode."
As all true gamers already know, Mortal Kombat 11 will be releasing worldwide on April 23. MK11 will be releasing on PC, PS4, and Xbox One come April; but, the upcoming fighting game will also be releasing on the Nintendo Switch.
For more details on MK11, check out our
"The Mortal Kombat series has always put great stock into its diverse array of fighters, even back when its ninjas were color-altered palette swaps. From the few characters that have been revealed so far, it looks like Mortal Kombat 11 will feature a mix of returning favorites and powerful newcomers."
Here are all the officially confirmed Mortal Kombat 11 characters so far:
- Sonya Blade
- Geras (new)
- Johnny Cage
- Cassie Cage
- Jacqui Briggs
- Erron Black
- Kotal Kahn
- Shao Kahn (DLC)
Days Gone story breakdown
Days Gone is a Playstation 4 (PS4) exclusive set in an open world, in which the remaining humans can be equally as deadly as the zombies.
"For anyone asking if the game will come to PC or Xbox, it won't. It just won't. Sony Bend is a Sony studio, as the name suggests, and Days Gone PS4 only status is just about one of the few things you can be sure of in this world right now. Conceivably it could come to PC via Sony's PS Now streaming service, but if you're searching for other Days Gone formats, stop." via Gamesradar
"SIE Bend Studios' tale of post-apocalyptic survival in rural America has seen a bit of a rough road to release, having been delayed multiple times over the last year. While it was originally delayed into 2019 and was set to release on February 22, it has now been delayed for a third time until April 26, 2019. It was first previewed at E3 2016."