The closed alpha for indie studio Proletariat Inc.’s action-RPG SPELLBREAK arrived on the Epic Games store Feb. 12.
Similar to Apex Legends, its shaping up to be another finely crafted exploration of the battle royale formula..
Magic the battle royale gathering anyone?
The Lazy Peon over on Youtube gives us his first impressions of the latest addition to the battle royale "genre" below..
In the comings days, Proletariat will be sharing even more details about Spellbreak‘s development roadmap for the Closed Alpha & future Beta
The company was founded in 2012 by a group of industry veterans from studios Harmonix, Turbine, and Insomniac. Some of their previous titles include World Zombination and Streamline.
Below is a full breakdown of all the new features coming in release 19: Scouting the Storm!..
For the rest of the changes and bug fixes check out the Spellbreak Reddit HERE:
- The Scout class has been added! The Scout brings the following skills:
- Foresight: See upcoming shrine locations.
- Invigorate: Every 3 seconds, increases your and your nearby teammates' sprint speed by 15/20/25% for 4 seconds.
- Shot Caller: Decreases your spell damage by 30% but increases damage done to targets from any source by 15/20/25% for 3 seconds.
- Tracking: Targets you hit are outlined for you and your team for 2/4/6 seconds.
- The Scout is our first "support" class and we're eager for your feedback!
- Class Leaderboards! The leaderboards now include a breakdown by class as well as overall wins by mode. Can you be the greatest Toxicologist?!
- Added player exile count to the in-game HUD.
- A much requested featured, now you can see at a glance how many people you've exiled over the course of the game.
- The Fracture can now be seen! The Hollow Lands are no longer surrounded by water, but by a sea of clouds. Don't fall off...
- Full redesign of the Deadmoss region, including the Castle Bogmore and Deadmoss areas.
- Added a drop down to the audio settings that displays all voice chat audio outputs. This fixes some of the previous issues players experienced with voice chat.
- Added support for several advanced mouse control options in the settings menu: separate Y-Axis sensitivity, mouse smoothing, and mouse FOV scaling.
- Another very requested feature, this should give you much more flexible control customization.
- When in a party, players will now see their teammates’ avatars on the main menu.
- Show off those sweet, sweet skins.